Frequently Asked Questions for Cisco
As of April 26, 2013
1. Who are eligible to enroll in Cisco 1? Any one as long as computer literate
2. Who are eligible to enroll in Networking Review or CCNA Boot Camp? Any one w/ Networking Fundamentals background gained in college, training or at work
3. If one has finished Cisco 1 in college, could he proceed to Cisco 2? No as in college, the curriculum is Discovery. We are using Exploration.
4. If one has finished Cisco 1 in another training center, could he proceed to Cisco 2? Yes if he took it in another Cisco Academy where he had an online account.
5. What is a Cisco Academy? Offering Modular Cisco in 60-70 hours, at P 10,000 to P 15,000 price range. Example – Meralco, UP, Mapua Intramuros, La Salle
6. What is a Cisco Partner? Offering fast track training at P40K
7. Could one jump to Cisco 2? Cisco 1 is a pre-requisite course. System would look for Cisco 1 grades before allowing one to be enrolled in Cisco 2.
8. After Cisco 1, could one jump to Cisco 3? In version 4, one could take Cisco 3 first before Cisco 2 or take Cisco 2 and 3 during the same term, Cisco 2 in the morning or Cisco 3 in the afternoon or vice versa.
9. After Cisco 1, could one jump to Cisco 4? No. Only Cisco 2 and Cisco 3 are interchangeable. Cisco 1,2,3 are pre-requisites of Cisco 4.
10. How many hours per module? 60 hours
11. What’s the percentage of laboratory in Cisco 1? 10% only, crimping, mostly lecture
12. What’s the percentage of laboratory in Cisco 2-4? 90%
13. What’s the coverage of Cisco 1? Networking Fundamentals
14. What’s the coverage of Cisco 2? Routers
15. What’s the coverage of Cisco 3? Switches
16. How much is the fee? P 10,000 Non VAT for Cisco 1-3; P 8,800 for Cisco 4
17. How much is the down payment? P 4,500
18. When remaining balance should be settled? At least one day before the start of class
19. What would happen if one could not settle remaining balance? Online account will be deactivated and one would not be allowed to attend class
20. What are the forms of payments? Cash, credit card, dated check payable to Mapua IT Center
21. What is the process for company sponsored participant? Invoice will be sent to host company with 15 days payment term
22. When is the start of enrolment? One month before the start of class
23. What is included in the fee of Cisco 1 and Cisco 3? Cisco book, CD, shirt
24. What is included in the fee of Cisco 2 and 4? Cisco book and CD
25. What is a discount voucher? This is available for Cisco 2 for ICND 1 exam; Cisco 4 for ICND 2 exam and CCNA. One is eligible if first take of final exam is at least 75%.
26. How much is the discount? 58%
27. When would voucher link be available in the student homepage? 2 weeks to 1 month of being P or Pass in Cisco 4
28. What’s the validity of the voucher? Maximum of 3 months after being P or Pass in Cisco 4
29. When was the announcement made that voucher is valid for 3 months and not 1 year anymore? December 2012
30. How much is the certification exam? $295
31. Where could one take the certification exam? Any VUE Testing Center like Mapua Intramuros, Microsoft Schools (MISnet, DBWizards etc).
32. How do you ready Cisco 4 for the certification exam? Last day of Cisco 4 is spent for the review class.
33. What is the passing percentage of MITC? 100%
34. Could one refund fee? No. For special cases, subject for approval of Exec Dir. Fee may be transferred to next term.
35. Who is in-charge of exam activation during the term? Instructor
36. How long is the module exam activated? Maximum of 7 days, 24 hours
37. How long is the final exam activated? Maximum of 8 hours
38. How long is the course feedback activated? Maximum of 7 days, 24 hours
39. When would the final exam be up? Last day of class until extra one week, according to class schedule. If one is in AM class, 7:30AM to 3:30PM only. If PM class, 1:30-9:30PM only.
40. When would the course feedback be up? Last day of class to extra one week, 7 days, 24 hours
41. When would module exam be up? From 6th session to extra one week
42. What’s the activation/re-enable policy? If one has missed the activation of exams during the term and would request for a customized schedule for him, he needs to drop by MITC and request for reactivation or re-enable and pay P 100 per exam.
43. What do you mean by reactivation? Reactivation of exam after the term
44. What do you mean by re-enable? One has opened the exam but lost internet connection or has encountered system error. If exam is re-enabled, it will just go back to where it is cut and its remaining minutes.
45. How long is an exam? 1 hour
46. If Mapua Institute of Technology cancels the class, does it cover MITC? No. MITC is a training center.
47. If there’s a typhoon anticipated by Saturday, when is the announcement? Saturday 5AM
48. Will there be make-up classes? Yes to complete the 10 sessions
49. How many slots are available? Cisco 1 – 33 slots per section; Cisco 2 – 24 slots per section; Cisco 3 – 33 slots per section; Cisco 4 – 26 slots per section
50. How do we contact MITC? YM, SMS, Email but one has to identify oneself – Name, Cisco module, Schedule
51. What are the requirements to pass Modular Cisco? Final Exam, Course Feedback, 75% grade average of module exams and final exam
52. When would the Cisco certificate be available? 2nd session of next term
53. Could MITC retrieve one username and password? MITC could only reset password
54. When did MITC migrate to Netspace? January 2013
55. When would Netacad be deactivated? June 2013
56. When would 802 Certification Exam expire? Sept 2013